Trying to set up a VPN account on your device? It’s actually not too hard to do. We’ll walk you through the process!
You will need to set up a VPN profile before you can quickly and easily connect to a VPN on Windows 10.
To learn how to uset up a profile click here.
Manually set up a VPN on Windows 10
- Go to Settings > Network & Internet and select VPN.
- You can also click on the Windows 10 search bar and type VPN, and select VPN Settings.
- Click on Add a VPN connection.
- Change the VPN Provider section to Windows (built-in)and fill out the rest of the form with the network administrator’s info.
- The VPN is now available in the Wi-Fi section. Click on the Wi-Fi icon in the system tray and select the created VPN connection.
Setting up a VPN on Chrome OS
Google has made it really easy to set up a VPN on Chrome OS. The only other way to get a VPN service that offers a Chrome browser extension is that there aren’t many options available.
How to set up a VPN on Chrome OS
- Click on your account photo in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Open Settings and select Add connection in the Network section.
- Click Add OpenVPN/L2TP.
- Type the info required into the form that pops up and select Connect.
You may also need to install server and user certificates before you can manually set up a VPN.
All the required information should be available from the network administrator or the VPN provider.